Warning: Use of undefined constant MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_128 - assumed 'MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_128' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/himala88/public_html/oshovisiontreks.com/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/includes/fields/class-gf-field-captcha.php on line 371
Nepal offers a variety of trek destinations for different types of trekking enthusiasts. From the long high-altitude strenuous treks to short and easy treks Nepal has it all.
Depending on the trek preferences, any trekker from novice to the beginners, all can opt for trekking in Nepal.
There are numerous short and easy treks in Nepal that meets the demand for beginner trekkers or family trekker. These treks are doable by any type of travelers because of the easy trails and least risks during the treks.
These easy grade treks are also perfect for individuals or groups looking for a relaxing trekking trip.
These easy treks offer beautiful views and glimpses of the local culture. Most of them take place in the low altitudes and take less than a week to complete.
Below are 7 easy treks in Nepal.
Duration: 12 – 14 Days
Max. Elevation: Kyanjin Gompa- 3870m
Tamang Heritage Trail Trek is also known as Tamang Cultural trek. It is perfect for beginners and novice trekkers looking to trek on the off-the-beaten trail.
You will trek through the unspoiled and preserved region of Langtang on this trek. This trek also allows you to explore the culture and lifestyle of the local Tamang people of this region.
During this trek, you will get to witness local, traditional dances and music. You will also pass through different ancient monasteries and stupas.
Along with these, you also get magnificent mountain views of Langtang and Ganesh Himal.
- Visits to charming villages of Syabru Besi, Bridim, Tatopani, Thuman, and Langtang Village
- Experience the warm hospitality of Tamang local people
- Enjoy the natural hot spring at Tatopani
- Amazing views of Langtang and Ganesh Himal ranges
- Homestay experience
2. Royal Trek
Duration: 6-8 days
Max. Elevation: Syaklung- 1730m
This is a short and easy trek. It is great for people with a time constraint yet looking to experience the real beauty of Nepal.
Royal Trek offers amazing views of the sunrise and Himalayan Peaks. This trek also offers visits to the beautiful ethnic settlements and magnificent forests. Along the trails, you can also see terraced farms and lush green vegetation.
This trek also has rich and diverse species of flora and fauna. Hence, it is ideal for keen botanists and researchers.
- Fewer crowds.
- A spectacular vista of snow clad Himalayas. This includes peaks like Annapurna South, I, II, III Manaslu, and Machhapuchhre (Fishtail). Others peaks like Himchuli, Lamjung Himal, Manaslu, and Annapurna IV are also visible.
- Variation of ethnic communities. This includes Gurung, Magar, Brahmin, to Kamis, Chhetri, Vaishya, Shudras.
Duration: 9-14 days
Max. Elevation: Mohare Danda- 3300m
This takes you along one of the new, peaceful, and off-the-beaten-path routes of the Annapurna Region.
Eco-Community Cultural Trek allows you to enjoy the hospitality of the local people through homestays. Through these, you get to know about the lifestyle and culture of the local people.
Along with this, you get fabulous, panoramic views of some of the highest mountains in the world.
- Discover the untouched natural and cultural beauty of the Annapurna region.
- Enjoy Homestays
- Peaceful trail with less crowd.
- Amazing panoramic views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Machhapuchhare. Beautiful sunrise and sunset views along the trails and in the villages.
- Unspoiled, traditional villages like Galeshwor, Banskharka, Nagi village, and Mohare Danda.
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Syangja and Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Famous Galeshwor Temple of Parbat district
- Visit the local orange farms. Try locally grown orange products and honey.
- A chance to spot some unique bird species. These can include Himali Kokale, Syal Pothwari, Lam Puchre, Nyauli, and Rani Chari.
Duration: 8-12 days
Max. Elevation: Tserko Ri- 5000m (Optional), Kyanjin Gonpa (3,798m)
Less crowded, easy, and accessible, Langtang Valley Trek takes you through the beautiful Langtang region. You will pass through the beautiful forest trail, high alpine meadows, and yak pastures. You will also get a close look into the ancient Buddhist culture of Langtang.
Along with these, you get fabulous mountain views. You can also explore the preserved and wild Langtang Conservation Area. You will trek through this area that is home to a wide and rare species of flora and fauna.
- Tserko Ri (4,350 m) which offers 360-degree panoramic views of mountain peaks of the Langtang region. You can see Langtang Lirung (7,345 m), Gang Chhenpo (6,338 m), Dorje Lakpa (6,966 m), and Naya Kanga (5,846 m) on clear days.
- Langtang National Park- Chance to spot some rare wild animals and birds. This includes Musk Deer, Red Panda, Snow Leopard, Himalayan Thar, and Danphe.
- Experience the local lifestyle and culture.
- Explore Langtang Valley- “Valley of Glacier”
- Kyanjin Gompa- oldest Buddhist monastery in the region.
- Visit Langtang Glacier and Langshisha Kharka.
Duration: 7-10 days
Max. Elevation: Poon Hill- 3210m
Ghorepani PoonHill Trek has other popular names as well. Some are Annapurna Sunrise Trek and Annapurna Panorama Trek.
Popular, easy and short is the best way to describe this trek. It is ideal for individuals looking for a comfortable trekking experience in Nepal.
This trek offers beautiful nature- multi-colored forests, majestic mountain, and sunrise views. It also offers a chance to witness the cultural diversity of Nepal.
- A chance to witness terraced slopes, pristine villages, paddy fields.
- Rich flora and fauna of the Annapurna region. Includes the famous multi-colored rhododendron forests.
- Panoramic view of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges.
- A chance to know the local culture, tradition, and lifestyle. You will get to visit delightful villages inhabited by locals of different ethnic backgrounds. These include Gurungs, Magars, and Thakalis.
- Waterfalls, hot springs.
- Phenomenal sunrise view from Poon Hill.
Duration: 11-13 days
Max Elevation: 3,220m, Darche Danda
Lower Manaslu Trek is one of the shorter and easier treks in the Manaslu region.
This trek takes you to Gorkha- the land of the famous and brave Gorkhalis. King Prithvi Narayan Shah initiated the unification of Nepal from this grand land.
With a significant historical background, you can explore the rich culture and history of Nepal here.
This trek also covers some parts of the popular Manaslu Circuit Trek. Hence, you can enjoy the natural beauty of the Manaslu region on this trek. You will also get wonderful views of mountain peaks of Nepal.
- Less known, fewer crowds, reasonable cost.
- Historical tour of Nepal
- Amazing view of mountains and landscapes in the Manaslu region. You can see around 20 mountain peaks on clear days. These include the Manaslu and Annapurna ranges. It also includes Fishtail, Ganesh Himal, Buddha Himal, Budi Himal, Harka Gurung Chuli.
- Explore the beautiful, quaint and traditional villages along the trails. These include Gorkha, Sirandanda, Barpak, Laprak, Lambai Kharka, and Darche Danda.
- Gorakhnath Cave, and Gorkha Museum.
- Cable car ride
7. Pulchowki – Namo Buddha Trek
Duration: 6-8 days
Max. Elevation: 2765 m, Phulchoki
This short trek is named after the main highlights of the trek- the holy pilgrim sites of Namo Buddha and Phulchowki Temple. Both these places lie on hills which are the ideal places for bird watching and panoramic views.
The holy nature of these places provides them with a peaceful and spiritual vibe. Associated with legends, these places give you a glimpse of the rich and diverse culture of Nepal.
From Phulchowki, you can enjoy your time bird watching. It is a great place to spot more than 50 species of migratory birds that visit the area on different occasions. The trek also allows you to see the rare flora, species of butterflies, and mammals. These include leopard, squirrels, martens.
This trek takes you to the outskirts of the capital valley, i.e Kathmandu city. Yet, you can have a taste of the rural agricultural and business activities of the locals.
- Bird watching
- Rich flora and fauna
- Settlements of local of different ethnic background.
- Magnificent views of the mountains and Kathmandu city.
- Namo Buddha Monastery, Cave
- Phulchowki Temple
Best Time for Easy Treks in Nepal
The weather conditions and temperatures you face during your trek also determines the difficulty level of the trek. Hence, for a trek to be easy, you can do it during the time of the year which has quite stable weather and climate.
The weather condition affects things like the conditions of the trails, safety, availability of facilities. For treks in Nepal, the best time is the local spring and autumn season.
The spring months of March, April and May have clear and dry weather. You can enjoy your treks in cool temperatures. The lower regions of the trails see the colorful blossoms of the local flora. Hence, it is an ideal time for nature lovers.
The local autumn months are September, October, and November. These have some of the most stable weather conditions in the high altitudes. You can enjoy your trek in long, warm and bright days. The temperatures on the trails are also perfect- neither too hot nor too cold.
These seasons are perfect for an easy trekking experience. The clear, dry weather conditions ensure the best conditions of the trails. It also increases your safety and security. There is less chance of landslide, mudslide, and avalanches. Most of the facilities on the trails are available.
Things to Know Regarding Easy Treks in Nepal
- Most of the easy level treks have short trek duration (actual walking days). Our tailor-made itineraries include the day of arrival, departure, sightseeing, and others.
- Most of the easy level treks demand a moderate level of fitness. There is little to no real risk of altitude sickness on these treks.
- Do not skip the acclimatization days. It can make your trek more difficult. You can tire fast and easily.
- If these trekking packages are not for you, you can browse through our other tour and trek packages in Nepal. These include both long and short duration tours and treks.
- Opt for the tea house trek in Nepal instead of Camping for a comfortable and easy trek experience. These allow you to rest in the comfort of the local tea houses instead of the tent. You will also get healthy, locally made meals and drinks.
- Avoid meat and alcohol in the high altitudes. The meat is not always fresh. The alcohol decreases your body’s abilities to adapt well to the changing altitudes.
- Make sure you pack all the trek essentials for a trek in Nepal. This ensures that you have all the equipment, clothing and supplies for a comfortable and safe trek.
Although Nepal is home to the world’s tallest mountains and toughest mountaineers, it has also a lot to offer for the new and beginner trekkers.
So, make your dream of trekking in the Himalayas of Nepal come true. Feel free to contact us for any further questions or queries about any of these treks.