Manaslu region has many treks among which Manaslu Circuit Trek is the most popular. Manaslu Circuit Trek is strenuous as well as time-consuming.
Amongst all treks in Manaslu region, Lower Manaslu Trek is the less time consuming but has almost same trails as Manaslu Circuit Trek. This trek could be the option for trekkers who have limited time but wish to explore more!
Lower Manaslu takes you on a round trip to Gorkha. Gorkha is one featured tourist destination of Nepal. It is within 140 kilometers from Kathmandu. And the rough altitude of Gorkha is 1,135 meters. Gorkha is the historical place with significant backgrounds. It is the place from which Nepalese got the identity as brave ‘Gurkhali’.
Moreover, Gorkha is the place where the unification of Nepal was initiated by the great King Prithvi Narayan Shah. Gorkha is also referred to as the first capital of Nepal. You will experience the cultural and archaeological significances there.
As the name suggests, Lower Manaslu Trek covers certain parts of Manaslu Circuit Trek. This is an easy grade trek. The highest altitude is 3,220m at Dharche Danda.
The trek also takes you into the lower valley of Manaslu area like Barpak, Laprak, Sirandanda, Tallo Thotneri, Lambai Kharka, etc. These are the mystical land of natural wonders. You will go into the unique ride of historic, religious, cultural, and ecological lavishness. The lands are also very rich in natural resources with splendid greenery.
Lower Manaslu is also perfect for the ones who love to explore places by themselves. As the places are less known, the number of tourists/trekkers are less. The cost of this trek is very reasonable as well. For accommodation, you will have lodges but they mostly provide homestay service.
Thus, this trekking is a complete package of a historical tour, agro-tourism, and community-based homestay. You would definitely want to have those, don’t you?
Highlights of Lower Manaslu Trek
- Amazing view of mountains and landscapes in the Manaslu region.
- Get at the vantage point of Darche Danda. Here, you will view more than 20 mount peaks including Manaslu ranges, Annapurnas, Fishtail, Ganesh Himal, Buddha Himal, Budi Himal, Harka Gurung Chuli, and others.
- Proceed through Gorkha, Sirandanda, Barpak, Laprak, Lambai Kharka, and finally Dharche Danda.
- Visit historical town of Gorkha and explore Gorkha Palace, Gorakhnath Cave, and Gorkha Museum.
- Soak into the rural culture, lifestyle, food, and people at Laprak and Barpak.
- Enjoy a famous historical tour, pilgrimage tour supporting agro-tourism and community-based homestay trek.
- An amazing cable car ride from Kurintar to Manakamana Temple.