Tsum Valley lies at the northern central part of Manaslu, near the Tibetan border. The valley is rich and unique in natural, cultural, and wildlife possession. A sacred Buddhist valley, Tsum is also known as ‘Hidden Himalayan Valley ‘ of Manaslu Region. And the trek to such sacred place could be the next adventure for you!
Tsum Valley Trek is a beautiful blend of simply everything that you search in a good trek. As this trek’s routes are less exposed, Tsum Valley Trek is full of virgin trails. You will encounter many cascading waterfalls, deep gorges, gigantic mountains, rivers, and suspension bridges.
Alongside, you enjoy many fascinating villages, several gompas, monasteries, mani walls, stupas, including Milarepa’s cave. You can witness the true architectural and artistic brilliance within them.
In this region, the typical Tsumbas with Tibetan origin reside. Thus, you explore their local tradition, their unique culture and ancient lifestyle.
The trail is also full of lush green forest of pine and rhododendrons. The paths reveal the divergent landscapes and small Tibetan villages. For accommodation, there are tea houses or you also can camp.
Tsum valley is also called ‘Beyul Kyimolung’ meaning the holy hidden valley of happiness. In the eighth century, Guru Rinpoche (Padmasambhava) interpreted this meaning. Till today the Tibetan Buddhist culture prevails. Tsum also has its name from ‘Tsombo’, a Tibetan word meaning ‘vivid’.
And this trek will prove all these meaning very well. The distinct treasures like clear streams, teeming vegetation, hot spring, and prehistoric settlements are dominant. The paths are quite off-beaten in comparison to other trekking regions. You will get along with the real remote life as people here have been living for centuries.
The vantage point of this trek is Mu Gompa, at 3700m. You will have the most magical snowy morning at this spot. You will not regret being in this valley and this region!
This trek is a great choice for travelers who love to explore the unexplored areas. Also, it is suitable for those who want peaceful trekking experience far away from crowded chaos.
Tsum Valley Trek falls under restricted trekking area. Thus, you will need a minimum 2 trekkers in a group and also obtain the Nepal Immigration Special Area permits. Tsum valley trek can be done separately or with Manaslu Circuit Trek too.
If you have any query regarding this trek or any other, do contact us
We feel delighted to help you out!
Highlights of the Manaslu Trek with Tsum Valley
- Visit the most beautiful and peaceful valley of Manaslu; Tsum Valley (a hidden paradise)
- Trek through the unique and peaceful trails and terrains
- Exploration of new and developing trekking routes
- Deep insight along the off-beaten terrain of Manaslu region’s Tsum Valley
- Get influenced by Tibetan Buddhism along various chortens, monasteries, and Gompas
- Witness the rich culture at ancient Buddhist monasteries, chorten, mani walls, and many unique spots
- Opportunity to explore monasteries like Rachen Gumba, Mu Gumba, Lungdang Gumba, and Dheron Gumba.
- Explore the exciting Milarepa Piren Phu cave
- A panoramic glimpse of gigantic mount ranges like Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Hiuchuli, Churke Himal, Sringi, Baudha, and many others (along with their glacier-Poshyop Glacier)