Annapurna region is among the most adored trekking regions of Nepal. And, Annapurna Full Circuit Trek, also known as Round Annapurna Trek, is the most remarkable treks in this region.
This 21 days Annapurna Full Circuit Trek starts from the lush green villages of the Khudi village to the Himalayan foothills. The major highlight of this circuit trek is Thorong La Pass which sits at an altitude of 5,416 meters. It is one of the best viewpoints to observe the entire Annapurna range.
During the trekking journey, as the elevation varies, the terrain will slowly change. The trail descends to Tatopani at 1,200 m and again ascend to Poon Hill at 3,200 m. Finally, it’s all downhill to the final town of Nayapul at 1,070 m. It is also the best option for Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
Besides the mountain views, you’ll get ample opportunities to interact with ethnic communities including Gurung, Magar, and Thakali. Because this circuit trek connects the village of Manang in the east with the famous pilgrimage site Muktinath, Mustang in the west.
Well, for mountain lovers and trekking enthusiasts, this Annapurna Full Circuit Trek is an excellent opportunity to walk via the naturally rich terrain of Nepal.
October, November, April, and May are the best months to hike the Annapurna Circuit. Although it’s possible to trek in other months, you need to prepare yourself for extreme weather conditions and challenging trail conditions.
Since the circuit trail goes via Manang valley; you can also choose to hike to the Tilicho lake (4,919 m), one of the highest lakes in the world. Besides there are more natural destinations for adventure, you can opt for like Nar Phu Valley Trek, Manaslu Circuit Trek, and Tsum Valley Trek.
Nonetheless, if you have limited time but still want to experience the wilderness of the Annapurna region, then you can opt for Mini Annapurna Circuit Trek.
- Walking via lush subtropical forests to the highest mountains in the world
- Crossing Thorong La Pass (5,416 m), the highest point along the circuit
- Stunning view of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges
- Visit Muktinath Temple, the sacred religious site of Hindu as well as Buddhists
- Ghandruk-Gurung village and Ulleri-Magar village
- Passing via small villages including Birethanti, Ghorepani, Tadapani
- Best sunrise and the Himalayan view from Poon Hill
- Walking via Kali Gandaki, the world’s “deepest” river valley
- Hot springs at a village of Tatopani
- Wonderful cultural experience of Tibetan and mountain people
- Buddhist temples, architecture, and tradition
- Wonderful photographic opportunities