Gokyo Lake and Gokyo Ri Trek is best for those interested in exploring Everest region. That too without any physical stress of reaching the base camp or crossing the high passes.
This adventurous journey begins with a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. The trek begins from Lukla following the same classic Everest Base Camp Trek route till Namche Bazaar. From Namche, you’ll move towards Dole, Machherma, and eventually Gokyo valley.
During this wonderful trek, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to capture a beautiful moment. Along with outstanding photographic opportunities, you’ll also get a chance to experience the unique Sherpa cultures, traditions, and their hospitality.
You’ll also visit the ancient monasteries and learn about the ancient Buddhist practices.
Further, on the trail, the amazing views of snow-capped mountains surrounds you. The trail offers excellent and rewarding views of Mt. Everest with lush green forests, roaring streams, and friendly people in quaint villages.
Gokyo Lake and Gokyo Ri trek is a moderate level trek in the Everest region. So, with a reasonable amount of fitness and a positive attitude you can join this trek with us. Spring (March-May) and Autumn (September-October) are the best seasons for this trek.
This trip will be your lifetime memorable trip!
Furthermore, if you’re looking for a more challenging trek in the Everest trekking region, try Everest Base Camp trek with Gokyo valley and Chola Pass.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites- Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Explore Namche Bazaar a famous hub of Everest trekking region
- Walk via Sagarmatha National Park- one of the highest national park in the world
- Gokyo Valley-one of the most beautiful valley in the Khumbu region of Nepal
- Gokyo Lakes- the freshwater lake situated at an altitude of 4,700-5.000 m above the sea level
- Ngozumpa Glacier- the longest glacier in the Himalayas
- Opportunity to view four of the ten highest peaks in the world, Mt. Everest (8,848 m), Lhotse (8,516 m), Makalu (8,481 m), and Cho Oyu (8,210 m).
- Enjoy the stunning sunrise views over the beautiful snow-capped mountains from one of the best viewpoints- Gokyo Ri (5,340 m)
- Enjoy the peaceful yet adventurous wall throughout the trip
- Witness the pristine settlement, lifestyle, culture and the hospitality of native Sherpa people