Everest region has a number of beautiful, challenging, and adventurous trek to add to your classic Everest Base Camp Trek.
Gokyo- Chola Pass- EBC Trek is similar to the classic Everest trek, along with the bonus trek to Gokyo valley and Cho La Pass.
During the trek, you’ll get an ample opportunity to explore the lifestyle of the Himalayan Sherpa people and their religions, culture, and traditions.
In this trek, after Namche, the trekking route diverts from the classic Everest Base Camp Trek route and take the less crowded route. The trailhead proceeds to the Dudh Koshi Valley via Dole and Machermo before reaching Gokyo. From here you’ll get an option to climb to Gokyo Ri, 5,364 m for breathtaking Himalayan views.
Next highlight of this trek is Gokyo lakes with the rising peaks on backdrops. Also, from here you’ll see the base camp of Cho Oyu (the sixth highest peak) along with the Ngozumpa glacier, the longest glacier in the Himalayas.
Then the trek takes down you to Thagnak, before traversing Cho La Pass (5,420 m), one of the three great passes in the Khumbu region. Then the trail drops down from the pass, and you’ll rejoin the main classic EBC route at Lobuche. You’ll visit the base camp and hike to Kala Patthar for a breathtaking view of Mt. Everest and Khumbu icefalls.
After climbing Kala Patthar, you’ll descend to Pheriche and retrace your steps back to Lukla via Namche.
Gokyo- Chola Pass EBC Trek is graded as a strenuous and is ideal for trekking enthusiasts who wish to experience “off the beaten path trek” and wish to take more challenge.
You don’t need any climbing experience for this adventurous trek. This trek demands no technical skills at all. It is nothing more than an uphill and downhill walk.
Trekkers with a moderate level of fitness with a positive attitude have a good chance of success.
If you’re a novice trekker, then you can opt for classic Everest Base Camp Trek, Everest Panorama Trek, or Everest View Trek.
Therefore this is truly a journey of a lifetime!
- Visit World Heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Spectacular mountain flight to and from Lukla
- Explore the bustling Sherpa capital of Namche Bazaar
- Walk through Sagarmatha National Park
- Experience the Sherpa culture and their generous hospitality
- Explore the Gokyo valley
- See the world’s longest glacier- Ngozumpa Glacier
- Climb Gokyo Ri for great Everest views
- Cross Cho La pass with great views of Ama Dablam and Choltase
- Visit the base camp of the world’s highest mountain, i.e., Everest Base Camp
- Hike to the world famous vantage point for an unforgettable breathtaking view of Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse, and Mt. Lhotse
- Enjoy the solitude along the quiet Gokyo trail