One of the most incredible treks in Annapurna region, Annapurna Sunrise Trek is also known as Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek.
This Annapurna Sunrise Trek starts from a scenic flight to the Lake City (Pokhara) followed by a short drive to Nayapul.
This wonderful trek route goes via spectacular landscapes, charming Gurung and Magar villages, lush forests of rhododendron, bamboo, and pines. By the end of the trek, you’ll get the blissful scenario of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range.
The trail passes via traditional Gurung and Magar village where you’ll get the opportunity to explore the Himalayan lifestyle and culture closely.
If you’re reasonably fit and looking for an adventurous trek lasting for over a week, then this short Annapurna Sunrise trek is the right option for you.
It is an easy and the perfect choice for novice trekkers. Though it is one of the easiest trails in the mountain terrain, you’ve to walk entire uphill and downhill and climb several stone cases. Thus, to complete this trek successfully, you should have “can do” attitude.
Although the best time for this beautiful trek is spring and autumn season, it is doable whole year around. During the spring, you’ll get the fantastic view of rhododendron blooming which make the whole trial colorful.
Nonetheless, if you want to spend more time in the beautiful Annapurna massif region, then you can opt for Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Circuit Trek, and Jomsom Muktinath Trek.
I assure you this Annapurna Sunrise Trek will be your life-changing experience!
- Explore the beautiful lake city Pokhara
- Adventurous trek into the heart of the Annapurna region
- Breathtaking sunrise view over the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range from the Poon Hill
- Jaw-dropping views of spectacular mountain including Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Nilgiri, Mt. Machhapuchhre, and Hiunchuli
- Experience an ethnic Magar and Gurung culture, tradition, and lifestyle
- Walk via the beautiful dense rhododendron forests