One of the most adventurous treks, Annapurna trek ventures into rarely visited valleys within the Annapurna Region. Opened to foreign trekkers in 1997, the Annapurna Circuit is the most spectacular trekking route. And Mini Annapurna Circuit Trek is the short form of the Annapurna Circuit.
The trail is a full high alpine zone of lush green valley, fascinating villages with impressive snow-capped Himalayas. As, the trek starts from 1000 m to the mind blowing altitude of 5,416 meters, you will explore the true wilderness.
Walking through untouched primary forest is a rare joy anyways, but the foothills of the Annapurna Circuit is of more exhilaration.
Annapurna Circuit trek if done in slow pace could take up 22 to 23 days. But, the Mini Annapurna Circuit trek is its short version that completes the whole journey less than 2 weeks. Thus, it is for the trekkers with limited time.
This 14-day trek is a full package of fun, adventure, and the phase where your imagination changes into a fascinating reality. It includes the tour of flight, scenic drive through narrow paths, walk through descending gorges, remote valley with unique lifestyle, etc.
The fine villages, you witness, are full of diversified ethnic communities. The lower lands inhabits the Hindu communities of Brahmin and Chhetris, whereas, the highland at Manang are full of Buddhists people including Gurung, Magar, and Thakalis. Their typical culture, tradition, and lifestyle is sure to cherish you. It is a truly captivating experience where you closely unfold the real rural life of Nepal.
From the highest point, you get to witness the panoramic views of full Annapurna massifs including Manaslu, Nilgiri, Annapurna South, Machhapuchhre, Hiunchuli, and Lamjung.
Moreover, you also get to see the rare but extremely beautiful species like snow leopard, blue sheep in Yak Kharka on the way.
Though the best season to trek is spring and autumn, you can trek Mini Annapurna Circuit Trek all over the year.
We start from Pokhara heading north towards the holy Fishtail region. Our trek officially starts from Syange which goes along the Marshyangdi river. With the magnificent views of the Annapurna and Manaslu ranges, you will climb through oak, rhododendron, and bamboo forests. Also, we will cross through many rivers and rivulets like Modi Khola. You get to see the rare side of the high Himalayas here.
You will also encounter the barren Tibet influenced village of the Kali Gandaki- the world’s deepest gorge. The scenery of the northern high and dry Tibetan Plateau is equally breathtaking. We will even hit hot spring which soothes your body pain and exhaustion.
In the trek, there are many teahouses and home-stays that serve local dishes and warm beds in the trail routes. If you love camping, there are some unique spots along the route.
Highlights of the Mini Annapurna Circuit Trek
- Full day sightseeing in UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu
- Exciting drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara along with a country side view
- Circle around the Annapurna Circuit in 2 weeks
- The best view of Annapurna I (8,091)- the 10th highest mountain in the world
- Ascending to the Marshyangdi River valley
- Proper acquaintance with the mountain people in the heart of Himalayas
- Alluring sights of the world’s highest mountains: Mt. Dhaulagiri I (7th), Mt. Manaslu (8th), and Mt. Annapurna I (10th)
- Passing the Thorong La Pass at the altitude of 5,416 meters, the vantage point in the Annapurna region
- Close insight of different ethnic Gurung, Thakali, and Magar settlements and traditional villages like Jomsom, Pisang, Manang, and many other scarcely populated settlements.
- Visit the famous pilgrimage spot: Muktinath and other pilgrimage destinations that signifies both Hinduism and Buddhism.
- Chance of walking through the world’s deepest gorge and the Kali Gandaki valley
- Experience the natural hot springs at Tatopani