Langtang region is the third most popular trekking regions in Nepal after the Everest and Annapurna region. Langtang Valley Trek is quite easy and less crowded trek than any other popular trekking regions.
Langtang Valley is 19 miles north of Kathmandu Valley. Only a few hours of drive from Kathmandu valley will take you to the beautiful Langtang region. Although this trekking route lies close to the city it is wild and high as any of the Tibetan highlands.
The trek begins from the small town Syabru Besi. The trekking trail passes via beautiful forest trail to the high alpine meadows, yak pastures to reach Kyanjin Gompa. The last destination is Kyajin Gompa where you’ll visit the ancient Buddhist monastery.
Likewise, the next day you’ll get an opportunity to ascend Tserko Ri (4,350 m). From the top, you’ll get the 360-degree panoramic mountain views of the Langtang region.
During the trek, you’ll walk via Langtang National Park and spot some interesting rare wild animals and birds. If lucky, you can witness Musk Deer, Red Panda, Himalayan Thar, and the colorful Danphe.
The trekking route is scenic and passes via rural landscapes on a backdrop of the snow-capped Himalayan ranges. Plus, the scattered villages, terraced farms, and forests add beauty to your journey.
Furthermore, the trekking route passes through the local villages inhabited by Tamang, Sherpa, and Tibetan people. Thus, throughout the trekking journey, you’ll experience the lifestyle and culture of high mountain people.
The best time to visit this wonderful trekking region is from February to May in Spring and from September to November in Autumn.
Likewise, to trek in this region you do not need any trekking experience. as the trekking altitude is not high at all.
Besides, there are other beautiful and popular trekking trails in the Langtang region. Like Helambu Trek, Langtang Gosaikunda Trek, and Tamang Heritage Trail.
Feel free to contact us to know about these trips.
- Visit UNESCO world heritage sites in Kathmandu City
- Enjoy a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi
- Explore Langtang Valley “Valley of Glacier”
- Visit the oldest Buddhist monastery, Kyanjin Gompa
- Visit the cheese factory and learn about the cheese making process
- Enjoy the panoramic view of Langtang Lirung (7,345 m), Gang Chhenpo (6,338 m), Dorje Lakpa (6,966 m), and Naya Kanga (5,846 m) from Tserko Ri
- Witness the rare wildlife species like red panda, snow leopard, musk deer, langur, etc
- Experience Tibetan Buddhists culture
- Visit Langtang Glacier and Langshisha Kharka (the beautiful yak pasture land)