Everest Gokyo Lake Trek is a wonderful journey to the alluring Gokyo lakes. It is one of the most amazing viewpoints for great mountain views including Mt. Everest and other surrounding peaks.
Moreover, it is for those who wish to explore something new in the Everest region. This Everest Gokyo Lake trek is an alternative, less crowded trail to popular Everest Base Camp Trek. This short and beautiful trek offer a fabulous view of Gokyo Valley and Gokyo Lakes.
This wonderful trek begins at the mountain airstrip at Lukla 45-minute flight from Kathmandu. The trekking start from Lukla to Phakding and trail follow forests trail and head up to Namche Bazaar.
Everest Gokyo Lake Trek passes via the fascinating valleys, magnificent river, pristine lakes, and world’s biggest glacier called Ngozumpa glacier.
On the trail, you’ll pass via Dole, Machhermo village and finally reach Gokyo valley. This beautiful valley stands on the foot of Gokyo ridge along the Gokyo lakes. This valley offers a great scene of pristine turquoise lakes. Likewise, Gokyo lakes are one of the holy pilgrimage sites for both Hindus and Buddhists.
Gokyo Ri is the major highlight of this trip. It is the highest hill station located at an altitude of 5,380 m. The top of the Gokyo Ri peak offers panoramic views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Cho Oyu, and Mt. Makalu- four of the eight highest peaks on the earth.
This trail is one of the best trail to trek over the Khumbu region. You’ll get plenty of opportunities to indulge in Nepal’s internal beauty.
Everest Gokyo Valley trek is suitable for trekkers of all ages, and you don’t need any previous trekking experience. If you are reasonably fit and can walk about 5 hours daily, you can complete this trek without any obstacle.
Though the best time for this adventurous trek is spring and autumn; it is doable throughout the year.
We assure that you’ll create a lot of unforgettable memories during this adventurous trip.
Nonetheless, if you want to explore the base of the world’s highest mountain and high pass then we have Gokyo-Chola Pass-Everest Base Camp Trek.
- Explore UNESCO listed world heritage sites including Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, Swayambhunath, and Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Enjoy the breathtaking mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla
- Walk via Sagarmatha National Park and witness some rare wildlife including Red Panda and Snow Leopard
- Experience the unique culture, religion, and lifestyle of Himalayan Sherpa People
- Visit Namche Bazaar- a gateway of Khumbu region
- Close up views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Thamserku, and other surrounding peaks
- Explore one of the world’s largest glacier- Ngozumpa Glacier
- Explore the Gokyo Valley and Gokyo Lake
- Hike to Gokyo Ri- one of the best vantage point for beautiful mountain vistas