Helambu Trek is one of the best short and easy treks in the Langtang region of Nepal. It is a great trek for those who don’t have much time in Nepal. A 9 days Helambu trek starts from Sundarijal, north-east corner of Kathmandu Valley.
Despite being near to Kathmandu, the region remains unspoiled and untouched by modernization. It still holds its unique culture and lifestyle.
This beautiful short Helambu trek offers a magnificent view of the Himalayas. Along with amazing waterfalls, diverse flora and fauna, and vibrant Tibetan Buddhists culture.
During the trekking journey, the trail passes through dominant Sherpa and Tamang communities. The people’s culture, language and lifestyle has a direct influence of Tibetans.
For novice trekkers, Helambu trekking can be a good option to start with. Because this moderate trek doesn’t need previous trekking experience, knowledge, and skill.
Although this trek is doable all year round, autumn and spring are best seasons for this trek. The weather conditions are favorable- neither hot nor cold and the rainfall is rare. The sky will be clear and allows you to get the best mountain vistas.
- One of the closest trekking routes from Kathmandu city
- Experience a diverse landscape and culture within a short time
- Visit UNESCO Heritage sites in Kathmandu Valley
- Observe rich flora and fauna of Shivapuri and Langtang National Park
- Jaw-dropping views of Langtang peaks, Gosaikunda peaks, Ganesh Himal, Jugal Himal, Rolwaling and other surrounding peaks
- Trekking through beautiful cultural villages like Chispani, Kutumsang, Thadepati, and Sermathang
- Visit Cheese factory and oldest Buddhist Monastery in Kyanjin Gompa
- Witness unique culture, traditions, and lifestyle of Hyolmo people
|Day 01||Arrival to Kathmandu||1,338 m||-|
|Day 02||Sightseeing in the Kathmandu Valley and Preparation for the trek||1,338 m||-|
|Day 03||Drive to Sundarijal and Trek to Chisapani||2,300 m||1 hr drive|
|Day 04||Trek to Kutumsang||2,446 m||7 hrs|
|Day 05||Trek to Thadepati||3,650 m||6 hrs|
|Day 06||Trek to Tarkeghyang||2,560 m||6 hrs|
|Day 07||Trek to Sermathang||2,610 m||3-4 hr|
|Day 08||Trek to Melamchi Pul Bazaar, Drive to Kathmandu and farewell dinner in the evening||1,338 m||2 hrs drive, 3-4 hrs trek|
|Day 09||Transfer to the International Airport for Final Flight Departure||1,338 m||-|