The nine days Everest Panorama Trek is a fantastic option for those who don’t have enough time or dare to hike the full length of Everest Base Camp Trek. In this trek, you’ll get an opportunity to walk in the footsteps of early mountaineers but, in short period of time.
This short Everest Panorama Trek starts from Lukla after a 45-minute flight from Kathmandu. You’ll continue your trek from Lukla-Phakding -Namche Bazaar; the Sherpa capital of Nepal. Namche Bazaar is popular as the gateway to Everest.
In Namche, you’ll explore the beautiful scenery and the lifestyle of the Sherpa people. From there you’ll continue the trek towards Tengboche where you’ll come across an ancient Buddhist monastery.
Undoubtedly, the main feature of this Everest Panorama Trek is to hike to the holiest Sherpa Buddhist religious monastery: Tengboche monastery.
Tengboche offers 360-degree panoramic views of the world’s’ highest peaks, including Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Ama Dablam, and other snowy peaks.
Apart from the mesmerizing view of Everest, this short trek has many others highlights as well. It includes the Sherpa village Khumjung, Sherpa capital Namche Bazaar, Everest View Hotel, and Syangboche Airstrip.
Though this trek is short, you’ll still experience the beautiful mountain sceneries, diverse culture, and tricky trails. In short, you’ll still experience the wilderness of the Everest region.
Although Everest Panorama trek is all year doable trip, the best time is from March to May and the beginning of September to end of December.
Any type of travel enthusiasts, from adventure seekers to those wishing for family tours, can opt for this trek. You will get awesome experiences regardless of your age,fitness level or, any risks of altitude sickness.
Get ready to experience the epic view of Mt. Everest and the Himalayas on nine-day Everest Panorama Trek!
- Experience the scenic mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla
- Get breathtaking views of Mt. Everest and the adjoining mountains like Amadablam, Lhotse, Nuptse, and Phortse.
- Explore Sagarmatha National Park, world’s highest national park
- Namche Bazaar, gateway to Mt. Everest and world’s highest trade market
- Explore the Sherpa villages-Khumjung (3,790 m)
- Syangboche airport (3,780 m)-one of the highest altitude airport of Nepal
- Everest View Hotel (3,880 m)- one of the highest altitude luxury hotel in the world
- Visit a school established by Sir Edmund Hillary in the mountain village of Khumjung
- Visit the Buddhist monasteries in Tengboche (3,870 m)-one of the largest gompas in the Khumbu region
- Trek via the homelands of the ethnic Sherpa people
- Experience a unique culture, tradition, hospitality of Sherpa people
- Mani Rimdu Festival in October/November