Bhairav Kunda Trek is one of the newly opened trekking routes of Nepal. This trek is ideal for those who seek to explore a new place, new sides of culture, and unique lifestyles.
The beautiful trekking journey takes you to the most preserved holy sites “Bhairav Kunda” (4,240 m). Every year during the full moon day in Bhadra (August) thousands of pilgrims visit this lake.
The word “Bhairav” comes from the Sanskrit word meaning the destructive manifestation of Lord Shiva while “Kunda” means pond. Near Bhairav Kunda there is another sacred site “Panch Pokhari” (Five Ponds). This place is also open for trekking in recent years.
The Bhairav Kunda Trek begins from Jalibre and passes through Newar, Gurung, and Sherpa villages. This way you’ll get an opportunity to get a close insight into the rural way of living and traditional culture.
Further, the trekking route passes through dense alpine forests home to different wild animals like Red Panda, Snow Leopard, and the Himalayan Bear. En route, you’ll also get the spectacular views of mountains like Madiya (6,275 m), Phurbi Ghhyachu (6,637 m), Dorje Lukpa (6,966 m), and Jugal Himal.
Likewise, this trek is doable all year round except for the monsoon months.
- Visit and explore around the fresh Bhairav Kunda Lake (4,200 meters)
- Panoramic views of various snow-capped mountain including Dorje Lakpa (6,966 m), Phurbi Ghhyachu (6,637 m), and Madiya (6,257 m) in Jugal Himal ranges
- Walk through lovely rivers, remote valleys, unique landscapes, lush valleys
- Close-up views of different Tibetan plateaus and glaciers
- Witness variety of floras and faunas
- Explore the local Newari culture and their lifestyle
- Enjoy the natural hot spring in Tatopani
|Day 01||Arrival to Kathmandu||1,338 m||-|
|Day 02||Drive to Jalbire||1,000 m||5 hrs drive|
|Day 03||Trek to Chanaute||1,345 m||4-5 hrs|
|Day 04||Trek to Khani Gaon||2,010 m||5-6 hrs|
|Day 05||Rest day in Khani Gaon||2,010 m||-|
|Day 06||Trek to Forest Camp||3,150 m||6-7 hrs|
|Day 07||Trek to Pati||3,765 m||5-6 hrs|
|Day 08||Trek to Bhairav Kunda||4,250 m||3-4 hrs|
|Day 09||Trek to Sherpa Gaon||2,500 m||6-7 hrs|
|Day 10||Trek to Larcha and visit Hot Spring (Kodari Tatopani)||1,500 m, Larche||4-5 hrs|
|Day 11||Drive Back to Kathmandu and farewell dinner in the evening||1,338 m||6 hrs|
|Day 12||Transfer to the International Airport for Final Flight Departure||1,338 m||-|