Langtang Gosaikunda Trek is one of the beautiful treks that takes you to the heart of Langtang region and Helambu village. This trek takes you through rich wildlife, lush green forests, diverse culture, and jaw-dropping views of majestic Himalayas.
Like many other treks, this trek also starts from Syabru Besi, a Tamang village on the bank of Bhote Koshi river. And then, passing through different small settlements the trail goes to Kyanjin Gompa and Tserko Ri. From the top of Tserko Ri, you’ll enjoy a 360-degree panoramic view of the mountains.
Likewise, the trail further moves towards Gosaikunda Lake. Gosaikunda is a tranquil lake considered as a holy sacred by both Hindus and Buddhist.
Further, on crossing the Lauribina Pass, you leave the Langtang region and enter the Helambu region. You’ll come across the main village of Helambu like Melamchi Gaon, Tharkeghyang, and Sermenthang. You’ll have a close encounter with the lifestyle and culture of the Tamang and Sherpa people in the region.
In the same way, continuing trek in the Helambu region for a few more days the trek will end with a drive to Kathmandu.
Langtang Gosaikunda Trek offers a perfect combination of natural beauty, culture, and adventure. This trek gives you a remarkable trekking journey on walking through the Langtang valley to the holy lakes of Gosaikunda.
- Cultural sightseeing tour in the world Heritage Sites of Kathmandu Valley. Like Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa, Swayambhunath Temple, and Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Explore Langtang Valley, Valley of Glaciers
- Visit Kyanjin Gompa and Yak Cheese Factory
- Hike to Tsergo Ri at an altitude of 5,000m, the highest point of the trek
- Breathtaking views of Mt. Langtang Lirung, Yala Peak, Dorje Lakpa, Naya Kanga, Loenpia Gang, Kangchenpo, Ganesh Himal, and many other surrounding mountains
- Visit the sacred lakes of Gosaikunda
- Crossover Laurebina Pass at 4,610 m
- Witness the endangered species at Langtang National Park
- Explore Helambu Valley and observe unique Tamang and Sherpa culture and traditions