Langtang Valley “Valley of Glaciers” is one of the closet Himalaya regions from Kathmandu Valley. The 14 days Langtang Valley Trek with Ganja La Pass will offer you ample time to explore it.
The adventurous trek commences with an eight hours drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi. Then the trail goes through Lama Hotel, Langtang village, Kyanjin Gompa. And crosses the mighty Ganja La Pass to end at Melamchi Bazaar in the Helambu region.
The major highlight of this adventurous trek is crossing over the Ganja La Pass. It is one of the difficult Himalaya passes at an altitude of 5,132 m. Although the pass is challenging, you can enjoy the breathtaking view of snow-capped peaks from the pass.
Dense rhododendron forests, bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls, small streams, and snow-capped mountains make this trek more exciting, challenging, and adventurous.
The people of this region are mostly Tibetan who are the descendants of the Tibetans from Kerung village. The culture and traditions of this region are similar to Tibet just across the border.
This trek is doable throughout the year. But the best time for this trek is spring (March-May) and autumn (September-November).
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Syaburbesi
- Visit Langtang Village and Kyanjin Gompa
- Panoramic sunrise view from Tserko Ri
- Eye-catching view from Ganja La Pass
- Explore old and significant Buddhists monasteries, stupas, and monuments
- Walk via Langtang National Park and witness some rare wildlife. Like Red Panda, Snow Leopard, Musk Deer, Bear, and Langur